These paleo stuffed peppers are an easy way to get a balanced, healthy dinner with lots of veggies that your whole family will enjoy!
4 large bell peppers or 5–6 small bell peppers
1 pound ground beef (I used 90/10)
1 medium sized red onion
1 can diced tomatoes (I used no salt added)
4 cups of spinach (or 4 handfuls)
0.5 cups quinoa, uncooked (or about 1.5 cups cooked)
2 teaspoons basil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse uncooked quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Add to a pot with 0.75 cups of water. Set to high heat, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn to low heat and cover. Let cook for 15 minutes, then remove from heat
3. Add ground beef to a skillet over medium heat. Once beef is cooked, drain any grease if necessary. Add red onion, and cook about three minutes to begin sauteing. Add spinach, and cook down for about 2 minutes, covering the skillet to help wilt spinach. Once spinach is cooked and mixed in, add tomatoes, cooked quinoa and seasonings. Mix together.
4. Coat a 9 x 9 baking pan (or larger if using more peppers) with Pam .
5. Cut the tops of the bell peppers off and de-seed. Set in pan. Fill peppers up with beef mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Serving size: 1 pepper Calories: 371 Fat: 13 g Saturated fat: 5 g Unsaturated fat: 1 g Trans fat: 1 g** Carbohydrates: 38 g Sugar: 13 g Sodium: 449 mg Fiber: 7 g Protein: 29 g Cholesterol: 70 mg