Our featured recipe this week from InShapeMD Ballantyne is the yummy combination of spiced scallops & shrimp....
- ½ lb. bay scallops
- ½ lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 pkt. of stevia or truvia
- 1 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt to taste
For the Spice Mix:
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 in. piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 t. mild curry powder
- ¼ c. water
- First make the spice mix.
- Put all ingredients in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until smooth.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Lightly mist with a non-fat pan spray, add the spice mix and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Turn heat up to medium-high; add scallops, shrimp, green onion, and stevia or truvia to skillet.
- Stir-fry for about 3-5 minutes, until shrimp are pink and scallops are firm.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro.