Spicy Beef Lettuce Wraps
For a quick weeknight meal, brown up some beef with a few generous dashes of seasonings and stuff it into lettuce along with clementine slices for a refreshing, fruity contrast. The recipe makes a lot of meat, so you can enjoy lettuce wraps for more than just one dinner (and trust us, you’ll want to).
2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 head Bibb lettuce
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
4 stalks celery, sliced
3 clementines, segmented
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
1. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When hot, lightly coat pan with Nonfat Pam spray and add meat. Cook, stirring frequently, until fully cooked and browned.
2. In a small bowl, mix the cumin, chili powder, coriander, turmeric, red pepper flakes, and 1 teaspoon of the black pepper.
3. Add seasonings to the meat and stir to combine. Cook about 2 more minutes until incorporated.
4. Combine the remaining pepper with the vinegar in a small bowl for a dipping sauce.
5. Serve immediately with lettuce, onion, fennel, celery, and clementines.
6. Leftover beef may be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute until hot.