A pre-roasted mound of spaghetti squash serves as a bed for hard boiled eggs (or soft boiled) in this fast, easy breakfast. Once that yolk floods through the shreds of squash underneath, it’ll almost taste like a carbonara...
PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK TIME: 10 mins Serves 1
1 C spaghetti squash
2-3 hard boiled eggs
Salt + Pepper
1. Cook spaghetti squash by by poking several holes in the squash with a sharp knife. Microwave for 5 minutes, and let it sit for 3 minutes.
2. Rotate and flip over the spaghetti squash in the microwave and cook for 5 more minutes.
3. Let squash sit for about 10 minutes, or until cool enough to handle. Cut spaghetti squash in half. Remove and discard seeds. Scrape out squash with a fork.
4. Let squash sit in a colander to allow water to drain.
5. Put 1 cup of spaghetti squash in a bowl. Store remaining squash in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
6. Top squash with eggs, warm in microwave, and stir gently to combine.
7. Season with fresh herbs like rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.