Oven Baked Beef Fajitas
High-strung fajita purists, look away now, because this recipe is about to get creative. Instead of being grilled or pan-seared, this version is baked in the oven, with the meat and the vegetables all together. It only takes a couple minutes and is great trick to have up your sleeve for a night when you want something now and don’t have a lot of options.
2 lbs. sirloin steak, thinly sliced;
1 green bell pepper, sliced;
1 red bell pepper, sliced;
1 large onion, sliced;
Ingredients for the fajita seasoning
2 tsp. chili powder;
1 tsp. paprika;
1/2 tsp. onion powder;
1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper;
1/2 tsp. ground cumin;
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
Beef Fajitas Preparation
1. Preheat your oven broiler to 500 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the fajita seasoning, and whisk until well combined.
3. Add the vegetables and steak to a bowl, season with the fajitas seasonings, and toss until well coated.
4. Place the seasoned vegetables and steak on a baking sheet.
5. Broil in the oven 5 to 6 minutes, turn the meat and vegetables once, and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Serve with your choice of fresh salsa or lettuce leaves