Looking for a simple fish dinner? Try this easy recipe for baked fish fillets. You can use any firm white fish: cod, haddock, or grouper works well. This fish recipe keeps it simple and delicious!
1 teaspoon of coconut oil
1 medium lemon(s), juiced
2 piece(s) fish fillet(s), (4-6 oz), (any white fish)
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (available at InShapeMD)
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt, (optional)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium oven-proof skillet, heat coconut oil and lemon juice over medium-high heat.
3. Coat both sides of fillets, and lay side by side in the pan, overlapping slightly if necessary.
4. Mix spices together and sprinkle over fillets.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on size of fillets and type of fish (catfish bakes the longest).
6. The pan may blacken, but that's fine; the liquid will keep the fish moist.
7. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional).