These Lemon Pepper Chicken Kebabs are incredibly tasty, colorful, pretty, and so much fun to serve (and to eat!). These easy-to-make kebabs will be in your regular grill menu rotation all summer long!
1/2 lb. fresh asparagus spears, about 3/8" to 1/2" in diameter, tough ends removed
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets
1 large lemon
Half of a large red onion
Freshly ground black pepper
Lemon pepper seasoning
Chopped fresh parsley
* If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least a couple hours before grilling. This will help them to not burn as much.
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add asparagus spears. Let cook for 2 minutes and then immediately drain and add the spears to an ice bath. Once cooled, cut the spears into 1-1/2" lengths.
2. Cut the chicken into chunks, about 1-1/2" in size. Slice the lemon into thin rounds and then cut each round in half. Cut the onion into 1-1/2" pieces.
3. To skewer, alternate chicken, asparagus, lemon, and onion pieces. For the lemon, simply fold each half-moon slice and thread onto the skewer. Lightly spray Pam non-fat and then finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Heat grill to medium to medium-high heat.
5. Place chicken kebabs on hot grill grates and let cook until beautifully charred. Turn the kebabs and continue to cook until charred again. The chicken should be cooked through after about 12 to 15 minutes of total grill time. Serve hot.