Garlic Lemon Roasted Asparagus
Yay, it’s asparagus night everyone!
When in season, this particular green is not only delicious and crunchy, it's healthy too! Asparagus is packed with folate (see benefits below) and potassium!
With that in mind, why not serve up your favorite HCG-friendly seafood entree this evening to go along with this nutrient-dense veggie... It's sure to be a perfect combination!
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus (medium width)
- 2 garlic cloves
- minced salt and fresh ground pepper
- lemon wedges as garnish
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Rinse asparagus and break off tough ends.
3. In a shallow roasting pan, place asparagus and coat with not fat spray
4. Sprinkle with garlic and salt and pepper for taste.
5. Roast uncovered for 6-8 minutes(depending on width of spears) shaking pan occasionally .
6. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy! Makes 4 servings (approx. 4 medium spears each)
What can high-folate foods do for you?
-Support red blood cell production and help prevent anemia
-Help prevent homocysteine build-up in your blood
-Support cell production, especially in your skin
-Allow nerves to function properly
-Help prevent osteoporosis-related bone fractures
-Help prevent dementias including Alzheimer's disease
What events can indicate a need for more high-folate foods?
-Mental fatigue, forgetfulness, or confusion
-General or muscular fatigue
-Gingivitis or periodontal disease