It’s soup season and we couldn’t be happier. Soup is tasty. Soup is filling. Soup freezes well. This Chipotle Chicken Soup is where it’s at!!
1. 200 g chicken breast, cut into small pieces
2. 1 small onion
3. 1 stalk of celery, chopped
4. 1/2 head of a small cabbage
5. 3 cloves of garlic
6. 1 tsp chili powder
7. 1/2 tsp cumin
8. 1 tsp oregano
9. 1 chipotle, chopped small
10. 4 cups of chicken broth
11. 1 small can of plum tomatoes
12. 1 pkg of stevia
13. 1/4-1/2 cup of cilantro, save a little for garnish at the end
14. 1 lime
1. In a large stock pot saute onions, celery, cabbage, and garlic until tender on med to low heat.
( Tip:add little stock to prevent sticking)
2. Add all the spices and chipotle and let cook for 1 minute.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until chicken is cooked, 15 minutes
4. Serve with a little cilantro for garnish. Cook a big pot and enjoy all week for dinner or lunch!