Super healthy, low calorie and gluten free spinach and cauliflower breakfast bread . Ideal for a low calorie, vegetable breakfast. Just top it with an egg or a slice of tomato.
Makes 7 large rounds
Touch of Coconut Oil – for saute
½ Onion – Diced
1 Cup Spinach – Fresh or frozen
1-2 Cloves Garlic – Crushed
Any herb of choice, fresh or dry – Optional
Freshly Ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper
1. In a food processor, chop the cauliflower until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. In a skillet, melt coconut oil and heat the cauliflower, garlic and onion until it browns slightly, 10 mins.
3. Beat eggs in a bowl and add cauliflower mix and the remaining ingredients. Stir.
4. Place parchment paper on a baking tray and spoon mixture into rounds (or use a butterfly cutter) onto the tray. Use a cookie cutter for a perfectly round shape.
5. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes until browned.